[rancid] Email notification with RANCID

shouldbe q931 shouldbeq931 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 18:55:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 5:33 AM, Michael Lee <michael.lee at mincom.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am new to RANCID, hopefully you guys can help. I have been trying to find
> some way to make RANCID notify daily through mail which devices is backup
> successful and which backup is not successful.
>
> Is there currently a way to do this. I notice the capability at the moment
> only send notification on the changes of the configuration.
>

> Many thanks in advance,
>

> Br,
>
> Michael

rancid will send a notification email if it has not been able to
contact a device for 24hours, the below is from control_rancid

# If any machines have not been reached within the last $OLDTIME
# hours, mail out a list of them.
cd $DIR/configs
rm -f $DIR/routers.failed
if [ "X$OLDTIME" = "X" ] ; then