[rancid] .cloginrc identity still asking for password + hlogin timeout...

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Jan 25 16:49:38 UTC 2012

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 01:44:38PM +0100, Michael Maymann:
> I still haven't gotten this to work...:
> ---1---.cloginrc
> -bash-3.2$ cat .cloginrc
> add method * ssh
> add user * USER
> add identity * /COMPANY/site_home/USER/.ssh/
> id_rsa
> add password HOSTNAME {PASSWORD} {PASSWORD}
> ---1---
> ---2---just standard output
> Press any key to continueHOSTNAME#...I PRESS <ENTER> HERE...
>
> Error: TIMEOUT reached
> ---2---

i didnt see a prompt for a password, so it'd seem that the key is working
properly.

i dont like that it didn't echo the \r response to "press any...".  but,
see autoenable in cloginrc(5).

> It seems to complain about some files missing, but maybe this is not the
> root-cause...?:

likely all optional config files and libraries or just the sequential search
of the path with which the linker is configured.