[rancid] Netscalars and rancid

Matthew Arguin matt.arguin at currensee.com
Thu Jul 26 00:24:19 UTC 2012

ok, i just resolved an issue with my F10 switch and getting it in Rancid
this morning, so i figured I would resolve my issue with my Netscalars.
I am running NS 9.2 and did some tweaking of the nslogin and nsrancid
scripts and they now work.  Now, when i run rancid-run, it is not
excuting on the netscalar stuff.  this happened earlier today with the
F10's and i found a typo on my F10 IP addr.  no ip typo here.  Found a
typo in the hardware name (was netscaler, fixed to netscalar).  when i
run nsrancid, i am getting the <ip addr>.new and .raw in the directory i
run from...full of good data... but still nothing when i run rancid-run,
just my others get updated.  i am sure i am missing something simple
stupid here once again, but i can't find it.  anyone able to shine any
light on this for me?

thanks,

router.db in my network folder:

192.168.0.201:netscalar:up  *** This is the one i am testing
192.168.0.202:netscalar:down
192.168.20.241:cisco:up
192.168.20.243:force10:up

--