[rancid] Opengear console servers and RANCID

Toby Smith toby.smith at opengear.com
Fri Jun 15 05:03:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

Attached to this email are oglogin and ograncid

They are modified clogin and rancid scripts for monitoring the
configuration on Opengear console servers.

They've been tested with telnet and ssh, and with root and admin users
(although you'll only be able to backup and monitor password hashes if
you're logging in as the root user).

The only other modification was to add

    'opengear'          => 'ograncid',

to %vendortable in rancid-fe and then use "opengear" to describe the
console servers in router.db

If anyone has any feedback I'd love to hear it. We've been using this in
house for monitoring the devices in our test rack and it's been working
fine and has been quite useful already.

--Toby