[rancid] Rancid CVS Issue

Andy Townsend me at andytownsend.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 17:45:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've just installed rancid on one of my boxes following the guide here.

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch1_:_Network_Backups_With_Rancid

However, when I run the rancid-cvs command, I get no output.

[rancid at router ~]$ /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-cvs
[rancid at router ~]$

When as per the docs I should be getting this.

[rancid at bigboy ~]$ /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-cvs
No conflicts created by this import
cvs checkout: Updating networking
cvs checkout: Updating networking/configs
cvs add: scheduling file `router.db' for addition
cvs add: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently
RCS file: /usr/local/rancid//var/CVS/networking/router.db,v
done
Checking in router.db;
/usr/local/rancid//var/CVS/networking/router.db,v   <--   router.db
initial revision: 1.1
done

CVS is already installed so no issues there,

[rancid at router ~]$ rpm -qa | grep cvs
cvs-1.11.22-7.el5

Just wondering if anyone had come across this or know what the next steps
were?

Cheers,
Andy