[rancid] mtlogin script error

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Thu Mar 15 23:28:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

Following the newest RouterOS upgrades, RANCID is having trouble
getting router info.

If I try a single command with clogin -c"command" hostname, the
connection works, but the logout fails. "exit" is no longer a valid
logout command on RouterOS; only "quit" works.

Is there a way to easily switch the logout command?

I've appended my clogin output below.  The "mikrotiklogin.sh" script is just:

#!/bin/sh
exec ssh -p 2222 $@

Thanks,
==ml

% clogin -t 15 -c"system license print" barn
barn
spawn /usr/local/scripts/microtiklogin.sh -c 3des -x -l admin+ct barn
admin+ct at barn.lodden.com's password:

  MMM      MMM       KKK                          TTTTTTTTTTT      KKK
  MMMM    MMMM       KKK                          TTTTTTTTTTT      KKK
  MMM MMMM MMM  III  KKK  KKK  RRRRRR     OOOOOO      TTT     III  KKK  KKK
  MMM  MM  MMM  III  KKKKK     RRR  RRR  OOO  OOO     TTT     III  KKKKK
  MMM      MMM  III  KKK KKK   RRRRRR    OOO  OOO     TTT     III  KKK KKK
  MMM      MMM  III  KKK  KKK  RRR  RRR   OOOOOO      TTT     III  KKK  KKK

  MikroTik RouterOS 5.11 (c) 1999-2011       http://www.mikrotik.com/

[admin at LODDENTOWER] >
[admin at LODDENTOWER] > terminal length 0
bad command name length (line 1 column 10)
[admin at LODDENTOWER] >  system license print
    software-id: 70LA-H4WP
  upgradable-to: v6.x
         nlevel: 4
       features: