[rancid] 3Com 4400 TFTP

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Mon Mar 19 11:12:59 UTC 2012

There is a plugin which may cover the 4400, or may need modifying to do so:

https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/h3c

Another person did it without rancid:

http://thebackroomtech.com/2008/06/05/howto-export-3com-4xxx-family-switch-configurations-to-a-text-file-for-backup-and-change-management/

Regards,
Tyler

On 2012-03-19 10:33, Giovanni Lovato wrote:
> Hi all!
> I'm trying Rancid to backup 3Com 4400 switches configurations.
> I can successfully login via telnet, then I need to configure Rancid to
> run the command "system backupConfig save <ip-address> <file-name>
> backupConfig" and expect for the "Save of system configuration successful"
> message to retrieve the contents of "/srv/tftp/<file-name>".
> It's very straightforward but I don't know Perl. Maybe someone has already
> done something like this?
>
> Thank you very much!

"It is wrong to think that the task of physics is to find out how nature
is. Physics concerns what we can say about nature."
   -- Niels Bohr