[rancid] Odd HP Blade Switch Issues

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Tue Nov 20 19:24:43 UTC 2012

We're running 2.3.8, and have a number of older HP 6120XG blade switches configured to have their configs collected.

However, what we see is them waffling back and forth between header information that looks like so:

;Flash: Image           Size(Bytes)   Date   Version
;Flash: -----           ----------  -------- -------
;Flash: Primary Image   : 7785946   02/17/11 Z.14.26
;Flash: Secondary Image : 7785946   02/17/11 Z.14.26
;Flash: Boot Rom Version: Z.14.09
;Flash: Default Boot    : Primary
;
;
;

and this

;
;Flash: Image           Size(Bytes)   Date   Version
;Flash: -----           ----------  -------- -------
;Flash: Primary Image   : 7785946   02/17/11 Z.14.26
;Flash: Secondary Image : 7785946   02/17/11 Z.14.26
;Flash: Boot Rom Version: Z.14.09
;
; 0sw2.ut1# ut: module
;
;

So the difference is the missing "Default Boot" line, and the addition of the weird "ut.module" line which looks like it also includes some truncated form of the switch's hostname-prompt.

I tried adding:

        /Flash\: Default Boot.*/ && next;
        /ut\: module/ && next;

to hrancid in WriteTerm (right above where it LOOKS like a bunch of other unwanted lines and detritus are being explicitly tossed away, riht around line 450 or so (search-string "the rest are from rancid"), figuring that IF the line showed up, just throw it away and I won't keep waffling back and forth. But that didn't seem to actually change anything.

Anyone have any idea what we'd need to do to clean this up?

Cheers,