[rancid] groups, customers and so on in RANCID....

Javier A. Herrera jherrera at uniovi.es
Thu Nov 29 13:31:47 UTC 2012

Hello,

sure i'm missing or misunderstanding something, but i'm not able to make
RANCID work with customers or groups, unless i'm supposing things that
RANCID doesn't do...let me explain...what i wanted to do was to put
several customers or groups on the LIST_OF_GROUPS entry, each one of
then associated with a router.db list of devices in the corresponding
directory, and then, in the .cloginrc file, use a different credentials
for each group, that is, for example:

add method *.group1 ssh
add method *.group2 telnet
add method *.group3 ssh telnet
add password *.group1 {pass1} {pass2}
add password *.group2 {pass1} {passpass}

and so on...

but i'm having no success...could anyone point me to the right
direction, if it is possible?? is there any way of doing this??

Thank you very much in advance,

Javier