[rancid] Release Authorised RANCID Email Issue

Gilmour, Scott sgilmour at enterasys.com
Wed Apr 3 19:04:05 UTC 2013

Hi
I have followed the directions at:
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch1_:_Network_Backups_With_Rancid#.UVG_0BeG32t
Now when I go to /usr/local/rancid/var/networking/configs and look in the
config file the file is empty.  How do I get it so I can see the
configuration file present.   Do I need to add something to the crontab
 file.  I would like to have the script do a "show support" or "show config"
I am currrently running the script every 5 minutes repeatedly.
Under the Clean out configs differ logs what does the 50 and 23 numbers
represent.

# Run config differ logs
*/5 * * * * /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-run

# Clean out configs differ logs
50 23 * * * /usr/bin/find /usr/local/rancid/var/logs -type f -mtime +2
-exec rm$

Thanks
Scott

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM, heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

> Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 01:20:32PM +0000, Tom Simpson:
> > You can make an alias for sendmail to postfix, it should already be
> there with CentOS.... What version of Cent are you running?
>
> it should have installed that when postfix was installed; its a basic
> requirement for compatibility with sendmail.
>
> its probably that the path to sendmail (the binary from postfix) is missing
> from PATH in rancid.conf.

Scott Gilmour | SQA Engineer

Enterasys Networks | A Siemens Enterprise Communications Company

Office: (603) 952-5924

Email: sgilmour at enterasys.com