[rancid] h3crancid doesn't filter passwords

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 21:23:10 UTC 2013

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013, ignasr at vault13.lt wrote:

> I know H3C is not officially supported in rancid, but maybe someone took
> the time and already wrote password filtering routines for h3crancid?
>
> If not, can I get some pointers on where in h3crancid that filtering
> should happen? I would use other scripts as examples and write
> something.

I have a bunch of updates to make to h3crancid at some point.  If you can
give me samples of the lines where you want the passwords removing and the
context, I can take a look at incorporating them.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.