[rancid] Updated module for APC network management cards

Terry Kennedy TERRY at tmk.com
Fri Jan 4 15:47:08 UTC 2013

  7+ years ago, I released a first cut of a RANCID module for pulling
configs from APC network management cards. As part of migrating my
monitoring systems from RANCID 2.3.1 (heavily modified) to 2.3.8, I've
completely re-done the APC modules. Some of the changes are:

  o Based on 2.3.8 clogin / rancid code base - easier to see what I
    changed if you want to audit the code
  o Now reports the exact APC model number in the "Chassis Type" com-
    ment line
  o Supports 2nd-generation APC management cards such as the AP9630/
    AP9631
  o Supports a wider variety of FTP clients (different prompts)
  o Better handling of configuration errors (such as specifying a non-
    standard port number)
  o Better handling of errors from the FTP client - errors are now de-
    tected and reported rather than relying on the timeout mechanism
  o RANCID-CONTENT-TYPE header changed to "apc" from "apc-netmgmt"
  o Greatly expanded the amount of info in the 0-README file

  You can download this version from:
http://www.tmk.com/transient/rancid-apc.tar.gz

  If you want the 2005 version for some reason, it is available as:
http://www.tmk.com/transient/rancid-apc-old.tar.gz

        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry at tmk.com             New York, NY USA