[rancid] Avocent Terminal Servers

SRonan at eexchange.com SRonan at eexchange.com
Sun Jul 21 02:35:19 UTC 2013

[rancid at portal.rc1 bin]$ ./clogin term01.ny4
term01.ny4
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid term01.ny4
Password:
[rancid at term01 rancid]$

[rancid at portal.rc1 bin]$ ./rancid -d term01.ny4
executing clogin -t 90 -c"show version;show redundancy secondary;show
idprom backplane;show install active;show env all;show rsp
chassis-info;show gsr chassis;show diag chassis-info;show boot;show
bootvar;show variables boot;show flash;dir /all nvram:;dir /all
bootflash:;dir /all slot0:;dir /all disk0:;dir /all slot1:;dir /all
disk1:;dir /all slot2:;dir /all disk2:;dir /all harddisk:;dir /all
harddiska:;dir /all harddiskb:;dir /all sup-bootdisk:;dir /all
sup-bootflash:;dir /all sup-microcode:;dir /all slavenvram:;dir /all
slavebootflash:;dir /all slaveslot0:;dir /all slavedisk0:;dir /all
slaveslot1:;dir /all slavedisk1:;dir /all slaveslot2:;dir /all
slavedisk2:;dir /all slavesup-bootflash:;dir /all sec-nvram:;dir /all
sec-bootflash:;dir /all sec-slot0:;dir /all sec-disk0:;dir /all
sec-slot1:;dir /all sec-disk1:;dir /all sec-slot2:;dir /all
sec-disk2:;show controllers;show controllers cbus;show diagbus;show
diag;show capture;show module;show spe version;show c7200;show inventory
raw;show vtp status;show vlan;show vlan-switch;show debug;show shun;more
system:running-config;show running-config view full;show
running-config;write term" term01.ny4

term01.ny4 clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
term01.ny4 clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
term01.ny4: missed cmd(s): dir /all slavedisk2:,show rsp chassis-info,show
capture,dir /all sec-slot2:,show diag,dir /all disk1:,show gsr chassis,dir
/all sec-nvram:,show diag chassis-info,dir /all disk2:,show running-config
view full,dir /all sec-bootflash:,show spe version,dir /all
slaveslot2:,dir /all disk0:,show install active,show bootvar,dir /all
slaveslot0:,dir /all sec-slot1:,dir /all harddiska:,dir /all
slavenvram:,show flash,dir /all sec-disk2:,dir /all
slavesup-bootflash:,dir /all sec-disk0:,dir /all harddiskb:,show variables
boot,show boot,show inventory raw,dir /all slavedisk1:,show env all,show
module,show shun,show controllers,show diagbus,more
system:running-config,dir /all slavedisk0:,show debug,show idprom
backplane,dir /all bootflash:,dir /all sup-bootdisk:,dir /all
sec-slot0:,dir /all sec-disk1:,write term,show vtp status,dir /all
sup-bootflash:,dir /all slot2:,dir /all harddisk:,dir /all slot0:,dir /all
sup-microcode:,show vlan,dir /all slavebootflash:,show controllers
cbus,dir /all slaveslot1:,dir /all nvram:,show version,show
vlan-switch,show redundancy secondary,show running-config,show c7200,dir
/all slot1:
[...]
term01.ny4: End of run not found
term01.ny4: End of run not found

Shane Ronan, Vice President ­ Technology Architect Consultant
State Street Global Exchange |  Trading & Clearing
1230 Avenue of the Americas, 18th Fl | New York, NY 10020
P  (212) 259-3023    |  M (347) 413-4503
sronan at eexchange.com

On 7/20/13 11:55 AM, "heasley" <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

>Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 03:25:08PM +0000, SRonan at eexchange.com:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Does anyone have a working config for Avocent Terminal Servers? I have
>>searched the mailing-list and can't find any good examples.
>>
>> Specifically looking for the proper config for the .cloginrc file.
>
>i do not recall it being any from a cisco or needing anything unusual.
>if you are receiving an error, post it and/or the transcript to the list.

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s), may be used solely for the purpose for which it was sent, may contain confidential, proprietary, or personally identifiable information, and/or may be subject to the attorney-client or attorney work product privilege or other applicable confidentiality protections. If you are not an intended recipient please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and delete this e-mail immediately. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, retention, distribution or other use of this email, its contents or its attachments is strictly prohibited.