[rancid] RANCID with SVN - Deleting Groups

Vincent Hoffman-Kazlauskas vhoffman at names.co.uk
Tue Jul 30 09:01:54 UTC 2013

On 30/07/2013 08:11, Jason Yates wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Can anybody tell me how to delete a group from RANCID when using SVN?
>

> I've removed the group name from rancid.conf but I can't seem to
> delete it from SVN. If I do rm --rf <NAME> the folder still remains in
> SVN. If I try an svn delete <NAME> it returns svn: '.' is not a
> working copy
>

> I can't seem to find any documentation on how to do this with SVN,
> only with CVS.

I'm not totally au fait with rancid but for me (on centos6 rancid from
epel)
[root at rancid]# cd /var/rancid/test
[root at rancid]# svn info | grep 'Repository Root'
Repository Root: file:///var/rancid/CVS
[root at rancid]# svn ls file:///var/rancid/CVS/test
configs/
router.db
[root at rancid]# svn rm -m"remove test group" file:///var/rancid/CVS/test

Committed revision 79.
[root at rancid]#

then just delete the directory.
Hope that's useful.