[rancid] Support for the Cisco SF300

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 14:38:50 UTC 2013

On 17/06/2013 07:10, Remy van Elst wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Does RANCID supports the Cisco SF300 SMB switches? The regular 'cisco' and
> the 'cisco-sb' (from
> http://chrpinedo.blogspot.nl/2012/03/cisco-small-business-sg300-backup-with
> .html) give me an empty file in the cvs, while direct logging in on the
> switch and doing a sho ru (after enable) works just fine.
>
> Any tips or help?

Have you checked the usual:

- password, username and method correct in ~/.cloginrc
- No ">" and "#" chars in banner
- prompt is sane (ends in # when enabled)
- does clogin <hostname> work and enable the user?
- what's in the logs?

- "rancid -d <hostname>" leaves a .new file in . that often contains clues

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com