[rancid] Changed IP Addresses

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at wjbradley.com
Tue Jun 25 20:07:42 UTC 2013

I recently reconfigured my internal network and gave my C3750G core switch an IP address of 10.10.0.1.  This was formerly used by the inside port of my firewall.
However, whenever I now attempt to have rancid connect to this new IP address, if pukes when changing to enable mode.

$ clogin 10.10.0.1
10.10.0.1
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid 10.10.0.1
Password:
C3750G-CORE>enable
Password:
% Access denied
C3750G-CORE>
Error: Check your Enable passwd
C3750G-CORE>exit

However, when I do a simple login from my Linux server, it connects with no problem.  The enable password works just fine.

$ ssh rancid at 10.10.0.1
Password:
C3750G-CORE>en
Password:
C3750G-CORE#

And when I manually enter the enable password it also works from the rancid CLI.
I have already confirmed my .cloginrc settings are correct.

$ clogin 10.10.0.1
10.10.0.1
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid 10.10.0.1
Password:
C3750G-CORE>enable      # run by rancid
Password:
% Access denied
C3750G-CORE>
Error: Check your Enable passwd
C3750G-CORE>en          # run manually by myself
Password:
C3750G-CORE#

Does rancid cache settings some place?  I have reset the enable password on the switch and have confirmed all the settings are good.
Ideas?  Suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Kerry

**Electronic Privacy Notice** This e-mail and any attachments contain
information that is or may be covered by electronic communication
privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature.
If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are
legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing or otherwise
disclosing this information in any manner.  Instead, please reply to the
sender that you have received this communication in error and then
immediately delete it.  Thank you for your cooperation.