[rancid] ignoring flash memory changes

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 05:54:08 UTC 2013

On 28/06/2013 00:18, heasley wrote:
> Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 11:39:31PM +0200, Alan McKinnon:
>> Rancid could really benefit from some kind of call-out mechanism where
>> we can add our own local tweaks and keep them out of the main code, but
>> unfortunately 2.3.x doesn't have this.
>>
>> Perhaps a worthy addition to the 3.0 series!
>
> What do you mean 'call-out mechanism'?  in 3.0 you can tell rancid which
> module to include (need to add functionality to include multiple modules)
> and tell it what function to use to parse the output.

Yes, something like that.

The problem I face is I've forked every parser script I use, and it's
always to add or remove entire commands or individual regexes. These
things work best when the regex definition is treated as data out of a
config, not as pure code

I still haven't fully read the 3.0 code yet, so I could well be asking
for something you've already done

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com