[rancid] clogin doesn't send explicitly set new lines

Aliaksei Sheshka sheshkaoss at gmail.com
Thu May 16 17:26:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM, heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

> its looking for stuff that matches the prompt regex it has concocted:
> ^[^\n\r]*nyy-r14([^#>\r\n]+)?[#>](\([^)\r\n]+\))?.
>
> if you want to embed commands in commands with alternate prompting, they
> must be embedded on one line:
> show clock
> copy blah blah\n\n
> show clock
>
> or use the -s option instead and see rancid/share/*.exp.

Thank you for explanation!

As as side question, I'm using clogin for force10 routers as well and see:
router1#terminal width 132^M
                        ^^M
% Error: Invalid input at "^" marker
it's safe to ignore, only extra lines in logs.
As much as I understand there is no separate f10login ? (not needed I
guess, mostly cisco style cmd there)