[rancid] Device into routers.down

Gary Douglas GM-Douglas at wiu.edu
Fri May 24 13:48:55 UTC 2013

We have been running Rancid for a couple of years on our core devices. I am moving it to VM with Unbuntu Server and setting it up for all our network devices. I have it working on our egress groups with no problem. I add the core group and it moves every device to the routers.down file automagically. I run the clogin for the device in question and this logs me in just fine. I have removed then added the devices back into router.db and this does not help. The devices I am trying to connect to are the same type device that is working in the egress group. How can I troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you
Gary Douglas