[rancid] Rancid-discuss Digest, Vol 37, Issue 15

Chris Davis Chris.Davis at prin.edu
Tue Nov 26 20:16:45 UTC 2013

Thanks for your reply Alan.  Someone answered me by personal email.  What I discovered was that there were 2 patches that related to Fortinet on the Rancid ftp site.  (I didn't even know there was one)   Once I found it and the patches, I applied them to my 2.3.8 build and re-made the package and installed it.  The problems were taken care of by the patches.  The biggest one was that fnlogin was calling for a port for ssh and not supplying one.  That problem was fixed by patch 3.  Patch 4 looks like it dealt with the key issue and was recommended, so I installed that one as well.

Everything has been perfect since.   No more 24 times a day diff files with Keys and date/time data in them.  And I made some insignificant changes on the firewall and they were reported properly on subsequent runs.  Much, much better.   Thanks to whoever wrote those patches.  Just wish I had gotten around to this earlier.

Chris