[rancid] End of Run Issue with Cisco devices

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 14:00:25 UTC 2013

On 29/11/2013 12:26, Tayfun Sarı wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I got the following config in clogin file as below.AAA is done with ACS
> 4.2 and I am able to run the all commands with rancid user.But in rancid
> I got the error below.Any idea on this?
>

> 172.24.82.3 <http://172.24.82.3>: missed cmd(s): show running-config
> view full,write term,show running-config
> 172.24.82.3 <http://172.24.82.3>: End of run not found
>

> add method * ssh telnet
> add user * rancid
> add password * r at nc1duz3r
> add autoenable * 1

Your question cannot be answered on such limited information. All we
know at this point is that something didn't work. What we don't know is
which one of many possible causes is responsible.

rancid -d <hostname>

will give some debugging information. If that doesn't show the problem,
run the entire clogin command as displayed manually and see if the
script can at least log in and run the commands properly.

But first do read all the man pages plus the FAQ files shipped in the
tarball. They contain a wealth of information, all useful in tracking
down what your root cause here

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com