[rancid] router.d, v issue and restarting a revision for a specific device

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 16:02:32 UTC 2013

Second and third entries in section "CVS and filesystem permissions"

CVS is complex and exposes more of it's weirdness than it should, but
it's a very old app and that's just how it is.

You have to have some understanding of how CVS works to use it, and the
FAQ can't document everything that might go wrong, so the FAQ points you
in a direction and you are expected to read the man page to find out more.

On the second point, delete the entry from router.db, run rancid-run,
add the entry back and run rancid-run again. That should start things over.