[rancid] End of config in Extreme Switches

Paul Thornton prt at prt.org
Tue Oct 1 14:36:31 UTC 2013

Hi Alan,

On 01/10/2013 15:19, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> If not, rather spend your efforts writing code that works exactly that
> way, rather than deliberately throwing config away.

I last looked into this a few months ago - but IIRC, if we do that then
found_end didn't get set so that then leads to another issue.

I'm just doing some testing with a standard xrancid applying the various
mods I've made to xrancid in the past months to get a firm idea of what
combination works.  It was one of those "Try option A, then add B and C
- ah, it works OK now, I won't touch it" debugging sessions I'm afraid.

It would be useful to properly fix this for everyone using Extreme kit.

Paul.