[rancid] End of config in Extreme Switches

Paul Thornton prt at prt.org
Thu Oct 3 08:13:48 UTC 2013

Hi

The issue here is that I've found that EXOS/Extremeware doesn't always
echo that 'exit' back reliably before the connection is closed.  Again,
it was a long time ago, but I recall problems relying on that for
found_end and/or clean_run getting set.

I think the most sensible option is to go with Alan's suggestion to
assume all is good if we get at least 5 lines of config.

I've been tied up with other things so far this week, but I want to do
some tests on using both the clean xrancid from 2.3.8 and then xrancid
patched for the 'have 5 lines so ok' test.  I hope to do this later
today and will report back.

Paul.

--
Paul Thornton