[rancid] Rancid and Fortinet Vdoms

toad toad biocircle25 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 12:40:01 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I've been using rancid's fnlogin script to backup Fortinet for months and
everything works fine.

I've a problem with a Fortinet that uses VDOMs. As I understand (I'm not a
Fortinet expert, I'm just in charge of the backups), I only get the
configuration of the VDOM that the backup user is part of.

For example, let's assume of the following configuration : user1 is part of
the VDOM1, user2 is part of the VDOM2 and they have a super_admin profile.
If I use the user1 to backup, I get the global configuration and the VDOM1,
but not the VDOM2 configuration. If I use the user2 to backup, I get the
global configuration and the VDOM2 but not the VDOM1 configuration.

Is there any script I can use to get all the VDOMs configurations? Or
update an existing one?

Thanks for help.