[rancid] Can't login to device

Ryan Johnson ryanjohnsonpl at wp.pl
Wed Oct 16 12:08:55 UTC 2013

Hello,

I used http://openmaniak.com/rancid_tutorial.php tutorial for installing Rancid on my Windows + Cygwin machine.
However I cannot connect to any device via "clogin x.x.x.x". To be honest, I have no idea why.
I have ping, telent and ssh working from my cygwin machine to my network equipment.

Let's assume that I have catalyst 2600 switch with local username and password. I can access it via telnet.

In my .cloginrc file there are lines as above:
add method 10.1.1.40 telnet
add user 10.1.1.40 ryan
add password 10.1.1.40 magicPass enablePass

At /home/rancid/var/groupName/router.db looks like that:
10.1.1.40:cisco:up

But when I'm trying to execute clogin command, nothing happens:

Administrator at backup /home/rancid
$ /home/rancid/bin/clogin 10.2.3.40
Administrator at backup /home/rancid

Can anyone help?