[rancid] clogin configuration mode question/prompt missing

Ramon ramonbatwork at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 14:16:15 UTC 2013

Hello all,

When removing a nat overload command on a cisco router *manually* I get:

router(config)#no ip nat in source list 122 int g0/1 over

Dynamic mapping in use, do you want to delete all entries? [no]: no
%Error: Dynamic mapping in use, cannot remove

When removing with a script using clogin from rancid suite I don't ever see
the question:

st2675(config)#no ip nat in source list 122 int g0/1 over

Error: TIMEOUT reached

Without the prompt, I cannot include a "yes" line on the configuration
script and automate the process. For some reason unknown when clogin pushes
the statement it does not receive or displays the question and eventually
times out.

What could I be missing, afaik clogin uses the same ssh executable I am
using on the system when doing the manual push.

Thanks for any suggestions!