[rancid] Rancid and Nortel 8600

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 06:27:12 UTC 2013

Hi AJ,

That would explain it.

It's most unusual that it happens when brancid is running though, as
it's not idle, it's running commands in rapid succession. Tuning back
the timeout settings on the switch will probably solve your issue as
everything else you mention looks fine.

For troubleshooting things like this, I find

brancid -d <hostname>

very useful. It dumps the entire *login command to the console where you
can copy-paste it and run it repeatedly, plus lots of error output.