[rancid] Palo Alto Networks

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Fri Sep 27 16:19:22 UTC 2013

And for the HP models you sent me privately, you would need to set the
type to "hp" in the same file, so it would have:

devicename:hp:up

or similar.

Jethro.

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013, Tom Simpson wrote:

> After the switch name or IP you should have a :paloalto:up in the config
> file as well.
>
> Just like all of your CatOS devices would have a :cisco:up  after all of
> them….
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Simpson
> LAN/WAN Engineer
> Forcht Group of Kentucky
> 859.259.9700 x538
>
> "We all knew there was just one way to improve our odds for survival:
> train, train, train. Sometimes, if your training is properly intense it
> will kill you. More often -- much, much more often -- it will save your
> life."  - Richard Marcinko, former US Navy SEAL Team Commander
>
> From: Ryan Milton <rmilton at mvsusa.com>
> Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:52 AM
> To: "Hughes, Doug" <Douglas.Hughes at DEShawResearch.com>, Kishore Rajani
> <kams19 at gmail.com>, "rancid-discuss at googlegroups.com"
> <rancid-discuss at googlegroups.com>
> Cc: "guillaume.dupuis at novidys.com" <guillaume.dupuis at novidys.com>,
> "rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net" <rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net>
> Subject: Re: [rancid] Palo Alto Networks
>
> Wow! This is great. I am still quite a noob at Rancid. When you say “switch
> type,” what do you mean by that? That is not in these files, is it?
>

> Regards,
>
> Ryan Milton
>
> MVS Network Manager
>
> o: 201-447-1505 x124
>
> c: 862-249-5230
>
> www.mvsusa.com
>
> MVS final logo GOOD very small

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.