[rancid] fortigate paging suppression

Hinote, Scotty (MSFC-IS40)[NICS] willie.s.hinote at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 3 20:39:19 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have some new fortigates that I need to backup with RANCID. They are running config-version FW60C-5.00. When I back them up the paging lines show up in the config on the same line as some part of the config eg. "--More--                          next". I have tried patching the original fnlogin with the following.

-                  -gl "--More--"                                                { send " "
+                 -gl "--More--\[^\n\r]*"                             { send " "
                                                                                                 exp_continue
-                  -re "\[\n\r]+"                                 { exp_continue }
                                                                                               }
+                 -re "\[^\r\n]*\[\n\r]+"             { send_user -- "$expect_out(buffer)"
+                                                                                               exp_continue }

I still get the pages in the config. I tried a newer version of fnlogin from https://github.com/renard/rancid/blob/master/bin/fnlogin.in but have the same result. I am currently running RANCID 2.3.6-1.el5 and will not be upgrading to a newer version for at least another month or two. Is there a way to make this work with my current fnlogin and RANCID version?

Regards,
Scotty