[rancid] prefix-list random order bug

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:48:57 UTC 2014

On 15/12/2014 15:19, Christopher J. Umina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Excuse me if somebody's solved this already, but I'm running into the
> same issue as described here:
>
> http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2014-May/007630.html
>
> Has this been fixed?

If that's the one I think it is, I needed to do quite a few fixes to ACL
handling - Cisco changed something in the output format in some OSes.

The most common error is that the ACL ordering is still technically
correct, but the exact sequence is somewhat random because rancid can't
find the exact fields to sort on.

Patches exist, search the archives for threads where I posted,
especially threads I started. If you are running 2.3.8, try upgrading to
the latest point version (heasley may have applied the patches). If not,
apply them manually (they apply cleanly). I have changed jobs in the
interim and no longer have access to my patches there, but a well-worded
Google search will find them for you.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com