[rancid] "copy run start" from a script

Gregory Bruccoleri bruccoo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 21:08:56 UTC 2014

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the link but I'm looking for something to run exclusively within
rancid and bash.  The script I have works except sending the carriage
return when writing the config to startup.  I figure an option on the last
line would do it but no dice.

#!/bin/bash
for line in $(cat routers.txt)
do
su -s /bin/bash -l rancid -c "/home/rancid/bin/clogin -c 'copy run start'
$line"
done

I'm getting closer it seems as when this is ran it will display the command
but after entering the command it times out:

router#copy run start

Error: TIMEOUT reached