[rancid] Patton Electronics Support

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 21:26:50 UTC 2014

On 14/01/2014 20:45, Max Clark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in sponsoring development to support the Patton Smartnode
> appliances. They support telnet so I'm hoping it shouldn't be too
> difficult. We would provide access to a couple of units for integration
> and testing.

I've done a few command parsers over the years, it's not that hard once
you've read the rancid code. I could probably help you out there.

But, I've never heard of that device at all so I'd have a small learnng
curve. Can you supply some very broad stroke info, such as how does one
interact with the device, what is the command set, and what does it's
config dump look like?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com