[rancid] Nortel switches

andrew.brennan+rancid at drexel.edu andrew.brennan+rancid at drexel.edu
Thu Jan 23 16:58:36 UTC 2014

Aruba equipment has a similar behavior, you can disable the encryption at
the start of a RANCID login and re-enable it when you're done.  I am *not*
a fan of doing that, though, as it translates to unnecessary config change
that has it's own side effects based in Aruba's architecture.  We replace
a number of their encrypted strings as <removed> and comment those lines.

Does the Nortel equipment let you re-enter the passwords using the strings
you get from your "show config" output?  I vaguely remember some equipment
that would encrypt the passwords during a show ... but they weren't usable
in that encrypted form.

andrew.