[rancid] Trouble grabbing configs from a Foundry FesX

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:52:18 UTC 2014

On 02/07/2014 18:41, Scott Baker wrote:
> I had Rancid configured and working fine to get the config from my
> Foundry FesX for the past three months. We decided to change the login
> process from telnet to SSH. Now rancid complains about timeouts when try
> and grab the config. CLogin is able to login via SSH no problem. I can
> also run a handful of commands just fine:
>
> clogin -t 90 -c"show version;show run" foundry-needy.domain.com
>
> It just complains when I run rancid-run:
>
> starting: Wed Jul 2 09:12:54 PDT 2014
>

> Trying to get all of the configs.
> foundry-needy.domain.com: End of run not found 0 || 0
> foundry-needy.domain.com flogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
> foundry-needy.domain.com: missed cmd(s): show chassis,show module,show
> flash,show version,show running-config,write term
> foundry-needy.domain.com: End of run not found
> !
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 1.
> Received signal - ending run (1).
> cat: /var/rancid/canby/routers.single: No such file or directory
> All routers sucessfully completed.
>
> cat: /var/rancid/canby/routers.single: No such file or directory
> Can't open /var/rancid/canby/routers.single: No such file or directory.
>
> If CLogin works, why would rancid complain about a timeout?

you are testing with clogin
but your output clearly shows rancid-run is launching flogin.

It's set in the *rancid script itself (the one referenced in rancid-fe)

I don't have rancid code handy here, but it looks like you have 2 curses
of action:

- fix flogin to work properly with ssh
- edit the rancid parser to use clogin and not flogin

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com