[rancid] F5 rancid

John Kougoulos john.kougoulos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 20:52:10 UTC 2014

Hi all,

just in case someone is interested, I faced recently this issue that
f5rancid cannot receive the output of some tmsh commands in 11.4 when ran
through cron. I didn't find any solutions in the mailing list archives, so,
after wasting some time trying various tricks, I ended up that the easiest
solution is to change this line in f5rancid:

$ENV{'TERM'} = "vt100";

$ENV{'TERM'} = "vt100-w";

The problem was that when the prompt+command was over 80 columns, rancid
was confused with the escape characters.
Hope it helps someone

John