[rancid] clogin: not found

Manfred Mayer IT manfred.mayer.it at rapunzel.de
Wed Jun 11 08:41:31 UTC 2014

Hello John,

I have expect 5.45. In my .cloginrc these switches are configured for autoenable, manually connecting with bin/clogin or bin/hlogin sets me to Enable-Prompt (hostname#).
I don't have too many Cisco devices, some only support telnet, these work perfectly. With those that support ssh I have a different problem, as I am unable to login whatsoever by "ssh admin at hostname". I suppose there's an openssh issue as the debug information says:

debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5ubuntu1.4
debug2: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug3: load_hostkeys: loading entries for host "hostname" from file "/usr/local/rancid/.ssh/known_hosts"
debug3: load_hostkeys: loaded 0 keys
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

Regards
Mana