[rancid] Using Ravin's patch to jump through a gateway device to probe device not working in 3.1?

Andrei Sabau fanachos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 14:08:45 UTC 2014

Hello.

I've installed Rancid 3.1, added Ed Ravin's modification to clogin but
apparently it does not work.

The error shows something like this:

   1. Trying to get all of the configs.
   2. send: spawn id exp4 not open
   3.     while executing
   4. "send "\r""
   5.     ("foreach" body line 162)
   6.     invoked from within
   7. "foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
   8.     set router [string tolower $router]
   9.     # attempt at platform switching.
   10.     set platform ""
   11.     send_user ..."
   12.     (file "/home/rancid/bin/clogin" line 773)

I have used the correct syntax in cloginrc.

Any ideas? Is there another way to achieve the method?