[rancid] Panrancid with PAN 6.0

Hughes, Doug Douglas.Hughes at DEShawResearch.com
Mon Jun 16 20:37:16 UTC 2014

Yes, it’s working for me. Are you using the latest? (attached)

From: Rancid-discuss [mailto:rancid-discuss-bounces at shrubbery.net] On Behalf Of Chip Pleasants
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 2:01 PM
To: rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
Subject: [rancid] Panrancid with PAN 6.0

Does anyone have Panrancid working with PAN version 6.0.2?  I have four sets running PAN version 5.0.11 without an issues.  Once I upgraded one set the script times out. Below is a debug. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Chip

[rancid at cmh1vlobs01 rancid]$ /usr/libexec/rancid/panrancid -d cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com<http://cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com/>
executing panlogin -t 90 -c"set cli scripting-mode on;set cli pager off;show system info;show config running" cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com<http://cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com/>
line: cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com<http://cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com/>
line: spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com<http://cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com/>
line:                                 NOTICE TO USERS
line:   This is an official computer system and is the property of POOP Incorporated.
line:   It is for authorized users only.  Unauthorized  users are prohibited.
line:   Users (authorized or unauthorized) have no  explicit or implicit expectation of
line:   privacy.  Any or all uses of this system may be subject to one or more of the
line:   following actions:  interception, monitoring, recording, auditing, inspection and
line:   disclosing to security personnel and law enforcement personnel, as well as
line:   authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. By using this
line:   system, the user consents to these actions.  Unauthorized or improper use of
line:   this system may result in administrative disciplinary action and civil and criminal
line:   penalties.  By accessing this system you indicate your awareness of and
line:   consent to these terms and conditions of use. Discontinue access immediately
line:   if you do not agree to the conditions stated in this notice.
line:
line: Password:
line: Last login: Mon Jun 16 08:00:00 2014 from cmh1vlobs01.domain.com<http://cmh1vlobs01.domain.com/>
line: Welcome rancid.
line:
line: rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)>
line: rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)>
line: rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set cli rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set cli scripting-mode rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set cli scripting-mode on
PROMPT MATCH: rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01\(active\)[#>]
HIT COMMAND:rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set cli rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set cli scripting-mode rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set cli scripting-mode on

COMMAND is: set cli scripting-mode on|EatCommand
HIT COMMAND:rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set cli rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set cli pager rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> set cli pager off

COMMAND is: set cli pager off|EatCommand
HIT COMMAND:rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> show rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> show system rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> show system info

COMMAND is: show system info|ShowInfo
    In ShowInfo:: rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> show rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> show system rancid at CMH1-Z4-F01(active)> show system info
cmh1-z4-f01.<http://cmh1-z4-f01.dswinc.net/>domain.com<http://cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com/> : missed cmd(s): show config running
cmh1-z4-f01.<http://cmh1-z4-f01.dswinc.net/>domain.com<http://cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com/> : End of run not found
cmh1-z4-f01.<http://cmh1-z4-f01.dswinc.net/>domain.com<http://cmh1-z4-f01.domain.com/> : End of run not found