[rancid] multiple files

Siegel, Richard RSiegel at ise.com
Mon Mar 17 18:40:32 UTC 2014

Good day!  I am new to rancid git, and had a question regarding extensibility of functionality for using rancid against directory of xml files on a server.

Could a single device class (a vendor) write out multiple .new files?  Has anyone done anything like this, or can refer me to it?  I get that I specify a device, and it creates a device.new, and tell rancid about this new class of device.  But could I create a device-myfile1.new and a device-myfile2.new and will something like this work or is this not what will be expected...

I hope this is clear.

Rich