[rancid] Rancid 3 documentation tweak

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Fri May 2 15:17:39 UTC 2014

On 02/05/2014 16:05, heasley wrote:
 > thanks; i'd missed that.  Any clue why, from my pov, they're so far
behind?
 > 5.8 seems ancient.
Part of the "enterprisey" nature of RHEL is that they promise no
breaking changes within a major version. They backport security fixes,
and leave out language feature changes. RHEL 7 is just about out (and
the others typically lag behind it by 3-6 months on a major release), so
we're right at the end of a release cycle. CentOS 5 had similar problems
with a really old PHP 5.1 and Python 2.4

Howie