[rancid] Cisco WLC: Rancid 3.0 add other vendor devices???

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Tue May 6 14:49:40 UTC 2014

Tue, May 06, 2014 at 06:35:02PM +1000, Gavin Jones:
> Hi all,
>            New user to RANCID 3.0 here, I can login to a Cisco WLC no
> issues with:
>
>  bin/clogin wlchostname
>  bin/wlogin wlchostname
>
> I also have custom WLC scripts, that login to the WLC and backup the config
> and work fine,
> which I obtained from here:
> http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2010-February/004652.html
>

> Which I have placed in: /usr/local/rancid/bin and saved as ciscowlc5
>
> /usr/local/rancid/bi*n/*ciscowlc5 wlchostname : logs in and saves the
> config no problems.
>
> Now everywhere I read, to add a custom script / vendor device you need to
> add the new details in rancid-fe.
>
>  /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-fe now looks for Vendors in one of these files
>
> /usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.base
> /usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.conf
>

> vim /usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.base

you should put this in rancid.types.conf - YOUR localized config file.
rancid.types.base will be overwritten by installation of new versions of
rancid, as indicated at the top of rancid.types.base.

> ciscowlc;script;ciscowlc5
>
> I now update my router.db
>
> vim /usr/local/rancid/etc/router.db
>
> wlchost:ciscowlc:up

;'s, not :'s, are the field separator beginning with rancid 3.0.