[rancid] Repetitive RANCID Checks

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Wed May 14 07:51:42 UTC 2014

On 14/05/2014 07:59, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:57:18 PM Alan McKinnon wrote:
>
>> There's a setting for this in rancid.conf:
>>
>> SORTACL
>>
>> what is yours set to?
>
> # if ACLSORT is NO, access-lists will NOT be sorted.
> #ACLSORT=YES; export ACLSORT
>
> As you can see, currently commented out.
>
> My guess is uncommenting this and toggling between "YES" and
> "NO" is worth a try, non?

As shipped, the commented value is the default. Toggling it is worth a
try, but is not likely to change anything for you as you haven't changed it

>> The upgrade may have overwritten
>> your config file.
>
> I only upgraded Perl. I've been running RANCID-2.3.8 for a
> long time now, and haven't had this issue. Would Perl do
> anything to RANCID?

Ah, my mistake. I read your mail as saying you'd also upgraded rancid.
Perl would only change rancid's behaviour if perl features that rancid
uses now behave differently.

A few routine questions?

Is there anything in your logs about this?

The rancid code that deals with prefix lists is

        /^ip(v6)?
prefix-list\s+(\S+)\s+seq\s+(\d+)\s+(permit|deny)\s+(\S+)(\/.*)$/
            && ProcessHistory("PACL $2 $4","$aclsort","$5",
                              "ip$1 prefix-list $2 $4 $5$6\n")
            && next;

Is yours still unchanged?

if you run "perl -cw <filename>" o each perl script in your rancid bin/
directory, does perlc omplain about any of them?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com