[rancid] Repetitive RANCID Checks

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:09:43 UTC 2014

On 14/05/2014 14:54, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 09:51:42 AM Alan McKinnon wrote:
>
>> As shipped, the commented value is the default. Toggling
>> it is worth a try, but is not likely to change anything
>> for you as you haven't changed it
>
> So I initially set "ACLSORT=YES" and that didn't help.
>
> Toggling it to "ACLSORT=NO" seems to be helping. I haven't
> received another annoying update in almost 3hrs.

That's interesting because it's the wrong way round :-)

My gut feel hunch is that sorting inside ProcessHistory() isn't working
properly since the perl upgrade; the code is randomly reordering things
whereas what's in show run is already consistent.

However I don't see anything in that sub or the sorting routines that
5.18 would complain about.

We'd probably need a sample of your show run to properly debug further
as this looks awfully like a data issue

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com