[rancid] Aruba Backups

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri May 16 18:17:42 UTC 2014

Fri, May 09, 2014 at 09:59:00AM -0300, Danilo Gouveia:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm having some problems to add Aruba Controllers to Aruba.
> I google it but did not found good information regarding this.
>
> Anyone successfully added Aruba Controllers to Rancid ?
>
> I tried to add it as Cisco classification on my router.db. I can login,
> however the error that the logs shows is "missed cmd(s) ...".
>

> I changed the PIPE values in the rancid.conf to NOPIPE=YES; export NOPIPE
>  and I did rancid -d controller. Got the error below:
>
> couldn't compile regular expression pattern: parentheses () not balanced
>     while executing

does the device have a prompt with ()s?  if so, it will need to be escaped
so that when it is used as a regex it will not be interpretted as an atom
of the regex.  clogin normally does this, so perhaps you have a really old
version or you've applied a patch that does not work?  you could also remove
the ()s from your prompt, perhaps - i am not familiar with Aruba.