[rancid] Rancid and Git

Brown, David M JR david.brown at pnnl.gov
Mon May 19 15:11:39 UTC 2014

Heasley,

My guess is that they wanted to make the git add/commit in one transaction
in case someone else might be manipulating the repo. Subversion does
something similar in that svn add just adds that file and then the commit
pushes it to the repository. So the flock doesn¹t seem relevant to me
unless you do a similar lock around svn add/commit.

Thanks,
- David Brown