[rancid] vs nexus5596 and port-profile

Dan Anderson dan.w.anderson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:24:07 UTC 2014

I'm guessing that you mean switch-profiles, as those commands aren't always
in the running config. Port-profiles should be visible, although ports
using them would only have an "inherit port-profile" line in place of all
of the inherited configuration.

The very quick and dirty way would be to edit nxrancid and find the line
that says:

    {'show running-config'      => 'WriteTerm'},

and add a line above it similar to:

    {'show running-config switch-profile'      => 'WriteTerm'},

A cleaner approach would be to clone the WriteTerm sub in the nxrancid to
something like WriteTermSwitchProfile and call that, making sure to change
the:

    return(-1) if (/\% Invalid command at /);

line to

    return(1) if (/\% Invalid command at /);

to accommodate switches that don't take that command. You could also clean
up all of the username/snmp matches in that config, as most of that can't
be replicated to other switches via the switch-profile.

HTH

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Arne Larsen <arlarndk at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi all.
>

> Can someone give me a hint what to do.
>
> We are using port-profiles on the nexus boxes, but the output from show
> running are missing characters.
>
> How can I add a command like show port-profile to nx-rancid, or how can I
> get around the missing number of characthers
>

> /Arne

Dan