[rancid] cisco-xr ASR9K and numbered ACL's

Jos buoy at clear.net.nz
Tue Oct 14 23:33:37 UTC 2014

Hi

Am new to this list and hoping someone can help me with a problem please
that I can’t figure out yet or find an earlier posting and solution for.
We are running the latest rancid version 3.1 on a centos vm and collecting
a bunch of cisco configs, all is good except for our iosxr ASR9K’s and
numbered ACL’s.
Rancid seems to strip out part of the lines as below:

Real config:
ipv4 access-list no-rfc1918

 10 remark Deny traffic to RFC 1918
20 deny ipv4 10.0.0.0/8 any
 30 deny ipv4 any 10.0.0.0/8
 40 deny ipv4 172.16.0.0/12 any
 50 deny ipv4 any 172.16.0.0/12
 60 deny ipv4 192.168.0.0/16 any
 70 deny ipv4 any 192.168.0.0/16
 80 permit ipv4 any any

Rancid collected config:
ipv4 access-list no-rfc1918
 remark Deny traffic to RFC 1918
 deny ipv4 10.0.0.0/8 any
 deny ipv4 any 10
 deny ipv4 172.16.0.0/12 any
 deny ipv4 any 172
 deny ipv4 192.168.0.0/16 any
 deny ipv4 any 192
 permit ipv4 any any

A minor problem where the ACL is obvious as above, but this is the
exception.
Can someone suggest a good fix or workaround for this please (preferably
without changing the ASR9K config), I trust it affects others with this
sort of config?
I can see earlier posts mention xrrancid but can’t find that in our 3.1
install.

Regards,
Jos