[rancid] Two Cisco device's on one WAN IP

Nathan Burgerhout nathan.burgerhout at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 12:40:06 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I hope that I'm in the right place to ask this.

Recently I installed Rancid so that I can backup the Cisco devices from my
customers. I have it working for one device. The second device can only be
accessed by using SSH from the first Cisco to the second Cisco.

Rancid Server at work --> Internet --> Cisco A --> Cisco B

Is this possible to do? The example in the link below is for a network
where the Rancid server is local which isn't the case for me, but it looks
like I could use the usercmd method.

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2008-September/003274.html

Regards,
Nathan