[rancid] HP Procurve - no config changes yet Rancid thinks there is

Neil Arnold n.arnold at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:47:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've got Rancid running for a lot of HP switches without issue. The only
one I do have an issue with is my core switch. It's a HP Procurve 5412ZL.
Rancid is set to run every hour and throughout the day. During the day it's
quiet and not alerting me to anything (which is good as nothing in the
config changes). However, during the night, it fires off email alerts
telling me the config has changed. Looking at the email shows things like
the following:

aaa port-access authenticator D11 auth-vid 1                  aaa
port-access authenticato

It almost looks like the switch can't output the config quick enough for
Rancid and Rancid only gets half the config. It then thinks it's changed,
logs it as a diff and fires off an email. I've spent weeks playing with the
set up to try and fix this all to no avail.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to take them.

Thanks in advance...

Neil.